Friday, November 2, 2007

Everything you can imagine is real. If there is something to steal, I steal it. Art is the elimination of the unnecessary. Painting is just another way of keeping a diary. I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them. I'd like to live like a poor man with lots of money. We always have a lot of reasons but only one real one. I alway do what I cannot do so I can learn how to do it. I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else. Painting is stronger than me, it makes me do its bidding. We all know that art is not the truth, art is a lie that makes us realize the truth. Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot and there are others who transform a yellow spot into the sun. God is really only another artist, he made the elephant, giraffe and cat. He has no real style but keeps trying new ideas.
__Pablo Picasso

No comments: